These little biscuits are adapted from a recipe from the famed Laduree in Paris. I love the green tea flavor in these simple cookies and it has some added health benefits too!
1/2 cup & 5 1/2 tbs. unsalted butter ( I used a rich European butter such as Plugra)
a pinch of kosher salt
2/3 cup confectioner’s sugar (plus more for dusting)
4 tsp. match powder
1 egg white (room temperature)
1 3/4 cups unbleached cake flour
*Piping Bag and medium star tip (size 4 mm.)
Method of Preparation:
- Cut the butter into small pieces. Soften the butter over a pan of gently simmering water. Using a spatula, mix butter until soft and creamy. Add the salt. Remove from heat and use a whisk to incorporate the confectioner’s sugar, vanilla and egg white.
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Sift the cake flour and match powder and add to the mixture, stirring until creamy and well mixed.
- Place the batter into a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe the cookies in a zig zag pattern on parchment lined sheet pans. The cookies should be 1 1/2 -2″ in size.
- Bake until biscuits begin to brown just a bit on the edges, about 15-20 minutes.
- Dust lightly with confectioner’s sugar.