This lovely spring breakfast recipe was inspired by a clafoutis recipe I saw in Clotilde Dusoulier’s “The French Market Cookbook.” It’s one of my favorite cookbooks with fantastic menu ideas for all seasons.
2/3 cup almond flour
1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend (store bought or I use this recipe: https://tangerineandspice.com/category/gluten-free-lemon-desserts)
1/2 cup cane sugar
1/4 tsp. xanthan gum (omit if you gf flour blend contains it already)
1 tbs. cornstarch
1 pinch of sea salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced in half (if your berries are large, slice they in fourths)
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 8-inch square baking pan or round one of a similar size.
- In a large bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, almond flour, sugar, xanthan gum (if using), cornstarch and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the eggs to the bowl and whisk.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk to incorporate.
- Place the cut strawberries in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour the flour mixture over the strawberries.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until set.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar.