- 3/4 cup oat flour (you can make your own by pulverizing rolled gluten free oats in the food processor)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free corn meal
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 orange juice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 4 tsp. grated orange rind
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 400 F. Line the muffin cups with paper liners (alternately, you can grease the muffins cups).
In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a large 2-cup measuring cup or small bowl, combine the buttermilk, orange juice, coconut oil, egg and orange rind.
Add the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in the cranberries.
Distribute the batter among the 12 prepared muffins cups, filling 3/4 of the way up. You may end up with 13 muffins.
Bake 15-20 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.