Don’t run away screaming because these look like they grew in the forest! I set out to make a muffin that would be reminiscent of an earthy sweet matcha (green tea) latte. If you are a matcha fan, you know what I mean! If you are new to matcha, give these muffins a try to add a little fun to your breakfast game. As we are all spending a lot of time at home, these muffins could also be a fun afternoon treat with iced tea or coffee.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten free flour blend)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- ¾ cup unsweetened oat
- milk, or regular milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 tsp. almond extract)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, melted for glaze (optional)
Method Of Preparation:
Preheat Oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, place the almond flour, all-purpose flour (or gluten free flour), baking powder, green tea powder, salt and sugar. Whisk to lighten.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, mix the honey, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil and egg. Whisk to thoroughly mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix with a spatula until the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- Place muffin papers in muffin pan and fill each one to 3/4″ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.