This week I have been experimenting with ice cream sandwiches using the “easy breezy” ice cream recipe from my last post. I love the combination of berries and lemon so I came up with a lemon cookie to pair with my strawberry ice cream. Raspberry or blueberry ice cream or sorbet would also be fantastic with this lemon cookie.
Lemon Cookies (makes 12)
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, (1 small lemon)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Prepare a large baking sheet with a non-stick spray, or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- In large mixing bowl beat the butter for a few seconds, add the sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix until fully combined.
- Continue mixing while you add in the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Drop cookie dough by the spoonful onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake until light golden on edges, approximately 12- 14 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool on the cookie sheet about 5 minutes and then remove to continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Using standard ice cream school, take one level scoop and sandwich in between two lemon cookies.
- Package each cookie in a wax bag and freeze