5 1/2 tbs. chia seeds
1 cup filtered cold water
2 tsp. honey
1 ripe mango, cubed (1/2 will be blended with coconut milk and 1/2 will be pureed separately for a topping)
1 cup lite coconut milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. fresh turmeric (optional), peeled and minced or grated
1 mango, sliced mango
vanilla coconut milk yogurt
3 tbs. coconut chips
handful of mint leaves
zest of one lime
Method of Preparation:
- Soak the chia seeds in the cold water in a medium bowl. Place it into the refrigerator and let them soak for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Place the banana, coconut milk, half of the cubed mango, vanilla extract, honey and minced turmeric in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Blend the other half of the mango for a topping.
- Add the banana coconut mixture to soaked chia seeds and then spoon into bowls.
- Top with sliced, mango, yogurt, coconut chips, lime zest and mint.