- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbs . lemon juice
- 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 3 tbs water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- prepared pesto of your choice
- 3 tbs. chopped sun dried tomatoes
Method of Preparation:
To make the cheese, drain the cashews and place them in a food processor along with the clove of garlic, coconut oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar , nutritional yeast, and 2 tbs. of water. Add in the salt and pepper and continue to blend adding in the remaining water until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You can also blend this mixture in the bullet blender or Vitamix. Add more water if needed to get a creamy but thick consistency.
- Line a small bowl or large mug with plastic wrap that overhangs the sides of the container. Place half the cashew cheese in the container and smooth with a knife. Place 3 tbs. of pesto over the first layer of cheese. Top pesto with remaining cashew cheese and end with chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Chill overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, place a serving plate upside down over the bowl and flip. Remove the bowl and gently peel off the plastic wrap. Serve with crackers and or veggies.
- I sprinkled Trader Joe’s “Everything Bagel” seasoning on top of my cheese ball, but you could use chopped nuts and or herbs.