These blondies and a quick and easy gluten free treat. Add nuts or white chocolate chips if you are in the mood! This recipe was adapted from the Silver Palate Good Times cookbook by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins.
1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour blend (I like this one from Dana at the minimalist baker: http://minimalistbaker.com/diy-gluten-free-flour-blend/. I substituted 1/2 the brown rice flour with almond flour) (you will have a little flour left over)
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
7 tablespoons unsalted, melted and cooled
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup cane sugar
2 large eggs
2 tbs. brewed coffee
3 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat over to 325 F.
- Line an 8″ square baking pan with tin foil or parchment paper, making sure to leave extra foil hanging over the edges. Grease pan and paper or foil.
- Place the flour blend, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt in a bowl, and whisk.
- Place the butter, coffee and brown sugar in medium saucepan and place on low to melt, stirring often. Cool slightly. Whisk in the cane sugar, vanilla extract and eggs until smooth.
- Stir in the flour mixture and chocolate chips. Mix until fully incorporated (1-2 minutes).
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comets out clean.
- Let brownies cool completely before cutting.
- Makes 16 brownies